- Corporate Governance
Process Control PLC Design Engineer
May 20, 2014
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Experienced
We are seeking a Process Control PLC Design Engineer to work at our Mississauga, Ontario facility. This position supports the conceptualization, design, debugging, and deployment of the biochemical production process. This includes the specification and design of control systems, software development, system component selection and integration. This role interfaces with engineering and business teams to participate in the simultaneous development of Algae Dynamics products, processes and equipment.
Responsibilities of this position include:
The conceptualization, design, debugging and deployment of manufacturing equipment that Algae Dynamics uses to produce the products that we manufacture. The position requires the engineer to participate in various stages of the new product development cycle through deployment as it pertains to the manufacturing process and equipment. Starting with the process definition, the engineer will work with a team of people to conceptualize the equipment approach, design the control system, monitor the build phase, debug the system and ultimately deploy the equipment into production.
This is a hands-on position that is both challenging and varied. The engineer will design complete control systems as well as integrating vision systems, servo/robotic controls, data acquisition and measurement systems utilizing a PLC platform.
The Engineer will interact with many other parts of the organization including mechanical machine designers, product design, marketing, and process engineering.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with 2+ years of relevant experience.Strong proficiency in PLC programming is essential. Knowledge and experience in real time programming.
- Familiar with Allen-Bradley, Siemens, and/or Mitsubishi PLC’s.
- Strong and demonstrated skills in the following areas.
- Ability to effectively collect and analyze data and test results.
- Working knowledge of communication protocols via Ethernet, Serial and/or other interfaces.
- Verbal and written communications.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as being an independent contributor.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical machine drawings
- Familiarity with databases.
- Design of automation controls & instrumentation
- Motion controls.
- Servo systems.
- Stepper systems.
- Measurement instrumentation.
- Data acquisition.
- Analog and digital process transmitters.
- Temperature/ Gas and fluid sensors/ Chemical sensors.
Working knowledge of the following:
- Digital multimeters
- Data acquisition systems.
- Discrete and analog IO systems.
- Pneumatic and hydraulic valves.
Algae Dynamics, a private Ontario Nutrient Ingredient company, founded in 2008, has developed a scalable BioSilo™ for sanitary cultivation of microalgae targeted to the functional food/beverage additives and supplement markets.
Algae Dynamics has developed a scalable algae cultivation system for the production of ultra-pure algae biomass for the functional food/beverage additives and supplement markets.
The Company is ready to build its first commercial scale system to be followed by multiple additional systems as part of its commercial growth strategy.